Environmental Complaints/Concerns

Report Illegal Discharge

If you believe that pollutants are being discharged into Daphne creeks, or the city's storm sewer system, please contact us by calling our office at 251-620-1700 or by filling out the Reporting Illicit Discharge Form

Erosion and Sediment Complaints

If you see an erosion or sediment control problem in Daphne, please contact our office via phone at 251-620-1700 or by emailing jward@daphneal.com.

Required Information

Please ensure the following information is provided in your email or voice mail:

    • Name
    • Address
    • Phone
    • Date of occurrence
    • Location or Address of Problem
    • Name of company and/or description of individuals involved
    • Type of Problem

Emergency Situations

If you are reporting an emergency situation that could result in imminent and substantial danger to the health and safety of persons, please disregard the form and call 911.

Complaint Process

The City of Daphne provides this service to allow concerned citizens to file email or telephone/voicemail reports regarding the discharge of pollutants to rivers, creeks, and the storm sewer system within the city limits of Daphne. Each complaint received will be documented and an investigation initiated. The results of the investigation and any actions taken shall be documented and submitted to ADEM in the City's annual storm water program report. It is the policy of the City of Daphne to keep contact information confidential.

False Complaints

Please remember that reporting violations of environmental laws is a serious matter, and could result in criminal and / or civil sanctions being assessed against the person or company being reported. Knowingly or intentionally making a false complaint is a violation of Alabama Law.