If you would like to make a profession out of helping the community then becoming a professional firefighter might be the career for you. Firefighting is a rewarding career that places the needs of the community above your own. The City of Daphne employs some of the most highly trained, motivated and dedicated professionals in the fire service. The city’s wages and benefits are excellent!
Professional Firefighter Requirements
- 21 years of age or older
- a minimum of a high school diploma or G.E.D certificate
- insurability by the City of Daphne’s insurance carrier
- completion of a background screening and drug test.
- successful completion of the CPAT (Candidate Physical Ability Test) administered through the Alabama Fire College (www.alabamafirecollege.org/CPAT)
- be in the top percentile of an entry level written test and pass an oral board interview
(Note: These general requirements above are subject to change and will be updated at the time of posted job announcements.)
Volunteer Firefighters Needed in Daphne
Interested in becoming a firefighter? The Daphne Fire Department is in great need of volunteer firefighters! When a fire breaks out in the City of Daphne, there is an extreme need for manpower in addition to the current full-time, professional firefighters we staff. Volunteer Firefighters often maintain full time jobs, but still want to assist their neighbors during emergencies and disasters. Our volunteers work alongside the professional firefighters to extinguish fires and respond to emergency medical and rescue calls. Basic benefits do apply, including equipment needs, life insurance, basic medical needs as related to on the job injury, and all fire training. All volunteers will be trained in firefighting techniques, basic response techniques, CPR training, and basic first aid, and Daphne Volunteer Firefighters will be fully trained in all fire response education prior to fighting fires in our city. The greatest benefit will be the selfless service you will provide to our community.
Volunteer Firefighters must meet the following simple criteria:
- 18 years of age or older
- a current physical stating you are able to meet the physical standards required of the fire services industry
Anyone interested should contact the Daphne Fire Department at 251-621-2802.