CITY OF DAPHNE CLOSED TUESDAY – The City of Daphne will be closed on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 due to inclement weather. The Police Department, Fire Department, and essential Public Works crews will be working to maintain our roadways and public safety. The weather system will include a wintry mix of precipitation that should produce icy road conditions. Current forecasts call for 1/4” of ice on the roadways. We are encouraging all employees and residents to stay off the roadways in order to reduce the strain on public safety.
We will be monitoring weather and road conditions and make a decision on further closures by 3:00 PM tomorrow. Information on the additional closures will be posted (i) to the general announcement for City Hall which will be played when calling 621-9000, (ii) to the City Website at www.daphneal.com, and (iii) the City of Daphne Facebook Page.
Additional specific information on City of Daphne services appear below:
- Garbage, Recycling, and Trash pickup will not occur on Tuesday, January 28, 2014
- A determination on Wednesday’s Garbage, Recycling and Trash pickup will be made on Tuesday.
- Municipal Court will will not be held on Tuesday, January 28, 2014.
- Municipal Court Cases scheduled for Tuesday have been rescheduled for Tuesday, February 25, 2014 at 4:00PM
We encourage all employees to stay in communication with their supervisor for future closures and requirements for reporting to work. Please be safe and stay warm.
Importants Phone Numbers:
- Daphne City Hall 251-621-9000
- Baldwin County Call Center 251-928-3002
- Daphne Police Department 251-621-9100
- EMERGENCIES 911