Available Emergency Shelters
None open at this time
View Hurrican Shelter Map in a larger map
1. Registration is required. (All information is confidential).
2. No smoking, matches or lighters inside the shelter.
3. Shelter operators are not responsible for personal belongings. (Valuables should be kept with you or locked in your vehicle).
4. No pets. (We regret that public health codes forbid pets inside the shelter).
5. Parents are responsible for their children. (For their safety, please do not leave them unattended).
6. Notify health services staff of medical conditions or medication.
7. No alcohol, drugs or weapons within the shelter at any time.
8. Each resident is encouraged to help in the shelter. (Please see a staff member if you would like to help. Many jobs do not require special training).
9. Public telephones are available in the cafeteria lobby. (Other telephones are reserved for reporting and update purposes).
10. Direct all complaints to the shelter manager on duty.
11. Help keep the shelter clean. (Pick up after yourself).
12. Quiet hours in the sleeping area are between 11:00 pm and 7:00 am.
13. News media must ask your permission for interviews or photographs. (It’s your right to refuse).
14. Please sign out if you leave for any reason.
15. Special needs should be reported to the shelter staff.
What to Bring with You to the Shelter
Water: One gallon of water per person, per day.
Food: Non-perishable, needing little or no cooking, such as ready-to-eat meats, fruits, vegetables, and canned juices. High energy foods such as peanut butter, jelly, crackers, granola bars, trail mix, and other snack foods.
Special Dietary Food: Such as diabetic, low salt, liquid diet, and baby food and formula.
Utensils & Storage: Such as a manual can opener, eating and drinking utensils including paper plates, and a portable ice chest with ice.
Clothing & Bedding: One complete change of clothing including footwear. Rain gear and sturdy shoes. Bring a sleeping bag, blanket and pillow (cots for elderly) – Cots will not be provided.
Personal Items: Washcloth, small towel, soap, toothbrush & toothpaste, sanitary napkins, tampons, paper towels, toilet paper, towelettes, etc.
Medications & First-Aid Supplies: Medications should be clearly marked with your name, dosage, type of medication and prescribing physician. You must be able to take your medications by yourself. First-Aid kit should be in a waterproof box.
Baby Supplies: Clothes, diapers, formula, bottles, nipples, food and blankets.
Important Papers: Name and address of Doctors, names and addresses of nearest relative not in the immediate area. Bring identification and valuable papers.
Miscellaneous: Games, cards, toys, battery-powered radios, flashlights (No candles or lanterns), batteries, or any other reasonable items you may need.
1. Take a bath and eat before leaving home.
2. Register immediately upon entering the shelter.
3. Obey the Shelter rules.
4. Keep the building safe and sanitary.
DO NOT Bring the Following to the Shelter
2. Illegal Drugs