The Daphne Beautification Committee (DBC) is a volunteer committee with the City of Daphne focused on keeping the Jubilee City beautiful and clean for all residents to enjoy! The DBC has been responsible for such projects as Gator Boardwalk renovations, gazebos in our city parks, and plantings throughout the city's streets and pathways. They worked closely year-round with the Mayor's Office, the Public Works Department, and other departments and meet monthly to coordinate projects.
The DBC also awards a local business, subdivision, or other chosen category the City's quarterly "Beautification Award," recognizing their efforts in adding to the beauty of our city. These awards at presented to the recipient(s) at a City Council meeting, are presented a framed award, and given a small sign to display on their property during the award period.
If you're interested in volunteering with the DBC, please contact the Office of the City Clerk or the DBC Chairperson, Judie Swan, at 318-573-6181 (during normal business hours or via text).
- 1st Wednesday of the month
- Mayor's Conference Room
Daphne City Hall
1705 Main Street
Daphne, AL 36526
- Judie Swan, Chairperson
- Selena Vaughn, Co-Chairperson
- Dorothy Morrison
- Tomasina Werner
- Dana Sawyer
- Laurel Anderson
- Victoria Phelps
- Samantha Coppels, Daphne Utilities representative
- Kara Wilbourn, Marketing Coordinator
- Jeremy Sasser, Director of Public Works
- Kelli Kichler Reid, Director of Finance
- Betsy Schneider, Municipal Operations Director
- Troy Strunk, Executive Director, City Planning
- Joel Coleman, City Council