Permits, Fees & Requirements

New Home Building Permit Application Checklist

  • Building Inspections New Construction Permit Application 4 Page Fill-in PDF
  • 2 sets of engineered plans
  • 1 plot plan
  • Truss specifications
  • Construction Best Management Practices Plan (CBMPP)
  • ADEM (state land disturbance permit) if applicable
  • Subcontractors list - must be turned in before permit is issued
  • Subdivision approval letter, if required
  • Copy of City of Daphne Business License
  • Copy of water and sewer receipt

General (Misc.) Building Permit Application Checklist

Requirements for Requesting an Inspection

All inspection requests must be submitted under the Report a Concern (Form Center) at the bottom of this or the home page or emailed to

Building Inspections will be conducted within 48 hours of receipt of the inspection request

The following information is required:

  • Contractor Name
  • Permit number
  • Contact person, phone number & email address
  • Subdivision, lot number & subdivision phase or unit number 
  • Physical address of job site
  • Type of inspection
  • Date requested
  • Time of day requested (morning or afternoon)

Additional Information Regarding Inspections & Permits

  • All permit cards must be visible from street
  • Signed contracts will be required on all new commercial and all residential and commercial renovations
  • Public Works requests that contractors do not block streets on garbage days
  • Along City streets right-of-ways, culvert permits are required by the Public Works Department
  • A container will be required on all construction job sites
  • Port-o-lets will be required on all construction job sites
  • A homeowner is not allowed to occupy a house until a final inspection and certificate of occupancy has been issued - failure to comply could result in a double permit fee or municipal offense ticket
  • All lot corner pins must be clearly visible for footing inspections - if site lines are not clearly visible, you will be required to clear the lines and string the lot
  • All disturbed areas on permitted sites have to be stable before a certificate of occupancy will be issued

For information on piers, bulkheads, wetland permitting, or any other environmentally sensitive areas, contact Environmental Programs.